Pizza Dough :
- 4-5 Cups AP Flour
- 2 ¼ Tsp Active Dried Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 – 1 ½ Cup luke warm water
- 1 Tbs Olive oil + more for greasing
- In a bowl mix the flour , 1 tsp sugar and salt.
- Bloom the yeast in ½ cup warm water and 1 tsp sugar mix for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the yeast froths add this and olive oil to the flour and mix well.
- Add more warm water as required to make the dough come together.
- Now remove on a plain floured surface and knead it for 10 -15 minutes till the dough is smooth and pliable.
- Now grease a big bowl with oil and place the dough.Cover and let it proof for 2-3 hours.
- Once it has doubled in size, knock it down.Divide into 3-4 equal size balls .
- Roll out into about 1/2 inch thickness ,put on a baking sheet and prick holes with a fork.
- Cover and let it rest for 10 – 15 minutes drizzle some olive oil and blind bake in a pre -heated oven at 170C for about 10 mins.
- Alternatively you can just spread it out with your fingers and drizzle olive oil and straight away add topping.
- Remove and let it cool.
I. Spinach,Ricotta & Mozzarella Topping :
- ½ kg Spinach
- 150 -200 gms of Ricotta ( I used a Flanders tub)
- 7-8 Garlic vloves minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Salt n pepper to taste
- Mozzarella as much or as lil u want
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- Dunk the spinach in boiling water for just 4-5 seconds, remove , strain and chop it coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the garlic and onions.
- To this add the spinach season a little and remove after just 3-4 minutes.
- Once it cools a bit mix the ricotta.
- Spread the tomato paste/sauce on the pizza base.
- Now spread the spinach ricotta mix.
- Top up with torn Mozzarella
- Bake at 180 C for 20 – 25 minutes
II. Onion, Capsicum, Mushroom & Cheese Topping :
- 2 large Onions
- 2 Medium green Capsicums
- 300 gms button Mushrooms
- Cheese of your choice, I used Mozzarella
III. Salami & Onion Topping :
- Salami slices , as required
- 2 large Onions
- Cheese of your choice
Method : ( same for both )
- Peel onions, slice into roundels and separate the layers, keep aside.
- Slice the capsicum in rounds. Clean and slice the mushrooms. Keep aside
- Slather the pizza base with tomato sauce/paste and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- On one base make a layer of onions , mushrooms and capsicums and on the other top with sliced onions and capsicums and bake at 180 C for 15-20 minutes.
Homemade Pizza Sauce :
- 10-12 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large Onions, chopped
- 4 large ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbs Tomato puree
- 1 Tsp dried Basil
- 1 Tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 Tbs Olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add the garlic, once aromatic and slightly colored add the onions.
- Fry the onions till it is lightly browned then add the tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Fry this till tomatoes are little mushy then add the dried herbs, sugar and salt to taste.
- Cover and let it simmer till the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Adjust the seasoning and it is ready to use.
# You can also use store bought pizza base sauce if you want to save time
# Experiment with various toppings , it is fun 🙂 .