- 500 gms Chicken, cut into medium pieces
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Thumb size Ginger, chopped
- 5-6 Green Chillis, slit vertically
- 2 – 3 Tbs Tomato puree
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- Oil enough to deep fry the chicken
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Tbs Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper powder
- 2 Tbs Cornflour
- 1 Tsp Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken. Pat dry the excessive moisture with a kitchen towel. To this add all the marinade ingredients and mix well with your hands. Let it marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep wok and deep fry the chicken in small batches till they are a well browned from all sides. Remove and drain in a kitchen towel.
- Now remove excess oil from the wok and let there be about 2-3 tbs oil. To this hot oil add the garlic fry for sometime and then add the onions ginger, curry leaves and green chillis. Season.Season with a little salt and fry till it is aromatic and takes on a slight color.
- To this add the fried chicken pieces. Mix well to evenly coat the chicken with the masala and then add the tomato puree. Give it a good stir and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.