I don’t know what’s with kids and their fondness for Oreo. I still remember one time it used to be one of the expensive “imported” thing ,but today readily available it is popular with today’s kids. Though available in many flavors I like the original but somehow I just like the cookie part minus the cream :p . So I have been meaning to try this dessert for a long time and am glad I did coz it is so easy peasy and so delish that the kids and their friends polished it off in no time 😀 .
- 3 big packets of regular Oreo cookies
- 1/4 Cup melted Butter ( unsalted)
- 1 1/4 Cup whipping Cream
- 225 gms Cream Cheese
- 1/8 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Put the cookies from two packets in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs or alternately place it in ziplock and crush it with rolling pin.
- Empty all of it in a 9″ springform pan, pour the melted butter and mix well with your hands. Then press down the mixture evenly at the bottom of the pan and cover with clingfilm. Let it set in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Roughly crush half of the cookies ( about 6-7) from the third packet and about 3-4 more crush finely and keep aside.
- Mean while place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence in a deep dish and whisk till it is smooth and fluffy.
- In another bowl whisk the whipping cream till stiff peaks form
- Now mix the cream cheese and whipped cream with a spatula in a folding motion till well blended. Add the roughly crushed cookies and give a good mix.
- Take out the springform pan and pour out the mix on top of the cookie base. Spread evenly and smoothly with a spatula and put it back in the refrigerator for another hour.
- Finally take it out from the fridge and let it sit for 5 minutes then gently slide a sharp knife around the edges and remove the side of the pan. Sprinkle the finely crushed cookie crumble on top and it’s ready to eat 😀 .
#Adjust the sugar as per your cream, the cream I used was slightly sweet so I used less sugar.