- 800 gms Chicken, cut into big chunks
- 2 large Potatoes
- 2 large Carrots
- 2 large Onions
- 4-5 stalks of Spring Onion
- Oil as needed
For the Marinade :
- 4-5 Tbs Gochujang
- 3-4 Tbs Gochugaro
- 2 Tbs Garlic paste
- 1 Tbs Ginger paste
- 1 Tbs light Soy sauce
- 2 Tbs Soju/cooking wine
- 1 Tbs Sesame seed, dry roasted and ground
- 1 Tbs toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbs Salt
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and drain the excess water.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well with the chicken. Marinate at least 4-5 hours. I usually marinate it overnight.
- Peel and cut the carrots and potatoes into big chunks and quarter the onions. Slice the white part of the spring onions and cut the greens into 1″ piece.Keep aside.
- Heat about 4 tbs of oil in a deep wok. Add the onions and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and save the marinade. Fry the chicken stirring continuoulsly in a medium flame till it changes color.
- Now add the potatoes and carrots and give a good stir.
- Add about a cup of water to the remaining marinade , swirl around and add to the wok. Now add enough water to just cover the chicken.
- Bring the water to boil on high and then lower the heat and let it simmer till the chicken is well cooked.Add the sliced spring onions and half of the green part and stir well.
- Once done adjust the seasoning, you can mash a couple of potatoes to thicken the consistency.
- Remove in a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining green part of the spring onions and serve hot with steamed rice. ( preferably sticky rice).