A simple and quick cake to go with your evening coffee or a cuppatea :p . There is just something so warm and good about anything baked with cinnamon,the earthy aroma makes the house smell wonderful and over all has a feel good factor to it. As basic the cake is it is absolutely delicious with the crunch from the walnut along with the moistness of the cake. Kids will love it too and should go well with a glass of warm milk as well 😀
- 1 1/2 Cup AP Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 60 gms unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk, room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
For the Topping :
- 1 Cup Walnut, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs unsalted Butter
- 2-3 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tbs AP Flour
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the butter and sugar first, then add the eggs and vanilla extract and lastly the milk and mix well.
- To this mixture add the flour mix and blend till they are just combined nicely. Don’t over beat.
- In a plate mix all the topping ingredients nicely and evenly using your hands and keep aside.
- Take 9″ baking pan grease and flour the bottom and sides. Pour half the batter let is spread evenly. Sprinkle half the topping mix. Then pour the remaining batter and spread it evenly and sprinkle the remaining topping mix.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190 C/ 375 F for 20-25 minutes. Remove and cool for 15 minutes. Demould the cake and it’s ready to serve.