- 4 nos Hard boiled eggs
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 tsp each of ginger – garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillis slit ( or more if u like)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder ( adjust as per your taste)
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- ½ Tsp of chicken Curry powder ( optional)
- 1 Tsp of Tamarind paste
- ½ Tsp of grated jiggery
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt & Turmeric as required
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ Tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ Tsp Fenugreek seed
- 10- 12 Curry leaves
- Shell the eggs and make small cuts with knife tip and rub it with salt and turmeric.
- Heat some oil and fry the eggs, remove and keep aside.
- Now in the same oil ( add or reduce if u like) splutter the mustard, cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- Once they start spluttering add the curry leaves and then the sliced onions.
- Fry for some time then add the ginger – garlic paste. Keep frying till the masala is brownish and almost cooked.
- Now add the tomatoes , turmeric, salt, coriander powder, chicken curry powder and red chilli powder and cook with lil water till the tomatoes become mushy.
- Add the tamarind paste and jaggery and and about ½ cup water.
- Once the water comes to a boil add the eggs and let it simmer for five minutes ( again adjust the consistency of the gravy as per your liking)
- Remove from heat garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
** Frying the eggs is optional , you may add just plain boiled eggs too.
** Adjust the tamarind and jiggery too as per your taste, how sweet and tart you want.
*** Recipe from the net with minor adjustments